Albums tagged ‘industrial’
Portland Cement Works
Portland Cement Works was an important part of Australia’s industrial history. It is one of Australia’s first and most successful lime quarrying and cement manufacturing enterprises with quarrying operations commencing on the site from as far back as 1863.
Bombala Station is the terminating stop of the Goulburn to Bombala branch line. The original line began from Joppa Junction, south of Goulburn, passing through Tarago, Bungendore, Queanbeyan, Michelago, and Cooma.
Eveleigh Paint Shop
The Eveleigh Paint Shop forms part of the Eveleigh Railway Workshops, which also consisted of the locomotive works manager’s office, carriage workshops, locomotive workshops, large erecting shop, new engine shop, timber shed, store & ACDEP depot.
Ashio Copper Mine
Ashio Copper Mine began operations around the 1600’s in Tochigi prefecture, Japan, and was originally owned by the Tokugawa shogunate, the last feudal Japanese military government.
Shimizusawa Thermal Power Plant
Originally owned and operated by Hokutan, Hokkaido Colliery & Steamship Co, Shimizusawa Thermal Power Plant was built in 1926 and served as a power supply to the many surrounding coal mines in Shimizusawa and Yubari, producing 6000KW of energy output.