Albums categorised by Industrial
Ashio Copper Mine
Ashio Copper Mine began operations around the 1600’s in Tochigi prefecture, Japan, and was originally owned by the Tokugawa shogunate, the last feudal Japanese military government.
Shimizusawa Thermal Power Plant
Originally owned and operated by Hokutan, Hokkaido Colliery & Steamship Co, Shimizusawa Thermal Power Plant was built in 1926 and served as a power supply to the many surrounding coal mines in Shimizusawa and Yubari, producing 6000KW of energy output.
Streetscapes of Yubari
In 1888, the city of Yubari was founded on Japans’ northernmost island, Hokkaido, in order to exploit the vast the coal reserves beneath the Sorachi Subprefecture.
BlueScope Port Kembla
The images here were captured from the BOS and Slab Casting plants, which make up part of the steel making process within the BlueScope Steelworks in Port Kembla.
Kandos Cement Works
With a long and proud history associated with the site, the town of Kandos itself came into being as a means to support the cement works, constructed in 1914.
MV Cape Don
The MV Cape Don was built in 1962 at the state Dockyard in Newcastle for the Commonwealth Lighthouse service.
Bathurst Gasworks was originally built to compete with a privately owned gasworks following complaints relating to the cost and quality of the gas being produced.
Wangi Power Station came into operation on the 7th of November 1958 after ten years of construction, playing a major role in the history of NSW power generation.
White Bay Power Station
White Bay Power Station has been a well-known landmark in Sydney’s Inner West for over 100 years. The site played a vital role in the development of the economy of Sydney and New South Wales.