1510 ATL Building
The ATL Building was originally the home of Automatic Totalisers Limited.
The company produced calculation machines used for ticket printing and issuing, sales recording in department stores and racecourse totaliser practice.
The technology that was once manufactured in The ATL Building has long been superseded by computerised means.
Click to read more
The ATL Building with it’s Art Deco facade was built in 1947 and was split into two main areas, the factory, warehouse and office in one building, and the dressing rooms, showers and canteen in the other.
The toolroom was said to be the largest and best equipped in the southern hemisphere for its time.
The site was expanded in 1975 to include another toolroom but over the years, the technology became obsolete, and the factory ceased production eventually becoming repurposed to become a multi-use facility including a gym, church, office space and a dance school.
The building was demolished in 2016 and will be soon be replaced by apartments along with the surrounding blocks which once made up an industrial zone along the borders of Meadowbank and Ryde down to the Parramatta River.
Much had already been redeveloped long before these photos were taken.
Like what you see?
Selected photos from the Lost Collective, like the one illustrated, can now be purchased at our online shop. These superior quality prints are available in a range of sizes ready for framing.
Join the growing conversation within the Facebook album or share this page with friends using the buttons below.