Albums tagged ‘heritage’
Waratah Park is a magnificent 13-hectare site strategically located at the top of Cowan Creek catchment and adjoining Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park .
Bombala Station is the terminating stop of the Goulburn to Bombala branch line. The original line began from Joppa Junction, south of Goulburn, passing through Tarago, Bungendore, Queanbeyan, Michelago, and Cooma.
Western Village began life in the early 1970’s, growing from what was once known as “Kinugawa Ranch”. A small family owned camp near Nikko in Tochigi Prefecure, aimed at providing a getaway from the busy urban centres.
Eveleigh Paint Shop
The Eveleigh Paint Shop forms part of the Eveleigh Railway Workshops, which also consisted of the locomotive works manager’s office, carriage workshops, locomotive workshops, large erecting shop, new engine shop, timber shed, store & ACDEP depot.
Ashio Copper Mine
Ashio Copper Mine began operations around the 1600’s in Tochigi prefecture, Japan, and was originally owned by the Tokugawa shogunate, the last feudal Japanese military government.
Shimizusawa Thermal Power Plant
Originally owned and operated by Hokutan, Hokkaido Colliery & Steamship Co, Shimizusawa Thermal Power Plant was built in 1926 and served as a power supply to the many surrounding coal mines in Shimizusawa and Yubari, producing 6000KW of energy output.